TNEA Rank List
Anna University has recently released TNEA Rank List 2018, All those candidates who are searching for TNEA Merit List, Rank Card they can easily check and download from here. Anna University has issued both the overall rank and category-wise TNEA 2018 rank lists on June 28 in online mode only.
TNEA Rank List Merit List, Rank Card 2018
Contenders can easily access the TNEA rank list 2018 by entering their registered email ID and password, Rank list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained by candidates in the prescribed subjects in qualifying exam, after reducing them to a base of 200 (Physics + Chemistry =100, Mathematics =100).
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission Rank List 2018 details:
|Organization Name||Anna University|
|Exam Name||Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA)|
How to check :
- Visit the official site
- On the home page click on the TNEA 2018 rank list link
- On the log-in panel that opens, enter asked details such as Email ID/TNEA 2018 Password
- After filling the details press on Enter tab
- TNEA 2018 rank list will be displayed on screen
How is TNEA 2018 Rank List prepared?
- TNEA 2018 Rank List is prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in physics, chemistry and maths in the qualifying exam will be considered, but only after reducing them to 200.
- Mathematics will carry maximum weightage (100)
- While Physics and Chemistry will combined have weightage of 100.
Normalisation of Marks:
- Considering there may be variation in difficulty level between the State Board of Tamil Nadu and other Boards or Authorities, the marks will be equated by adopting a normalisation process.
- In this process, if the highest mark obtained by a candidate of Tamil Nadu Board is 100, in say Chemistry, and by a student from another board is 90, both the scores will be treated as equal to 100.
- If another candidate of the same board scores 60 in the subject (where the highest mark is 90), it will be considered as equivalent to 66.66.
100*60/90 = 66.66
After normalising the scores, the candidates will be put on a common merit list.
Inter-se Merit for TNEA Rank List 2018
TNEA 2018 rank list will be prepared based on total marks of 200.
It may happen that two or more candidates may achieve the same marks, in which case the inter-se merit between the contenders will be determined based on the following priority:
- % of marks in Mathematics
- % of marks in Physics
- % of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Date of birth of the candidate (the older candidate will get preference)
- Assigned random number (higher the random number, the higher the priority)
|Issue of Random Number||June 5, 2018|
|Publication of Rank List||June 28, 2018|
|TNEA Counselling Starts||First week of July|
To get more details about TNEA Rank List 2018 you are required to check official Site
Check More Information You Would Like
|Top 10 Personality Development Tips||How To Get Your Dream Job|
|Interview Preparation Tips For Freshers||How to Fill Online Application Form|
|How to Prepare for Written Examination||How to Check Online Result – Step by Step|